Authors who are "Differently Expertised"...

Authors who are "Differently Expertised"...

26 June 2010

Clicking the Grammar Check Box

This morning I was re-proofing a ms. and decided click the Grammar Check box.

"So will I," one of my characters said.  "So will me," GC corrected her.

"I do not know how seeing him again would make me feel," another one of my characters said.  "I do not know how seeing he again would make me feel," GC corrected him.

"Neither do I."  No, GC advised, "Neither do me."

One character asked another, "Had them over to dinner?"  GC said she should have asked, "Had they over to dinner?"

Unclicking the box now.

3 comments:

O'Gaea the Writer said...

Well, of course I meant I decided TO click the Grammar Check box. (Okay, yes, I concede: it's too early to be on the computer.)

Jude Johnson said...

LOL! I guess GC assumed your character was hoping someone "would do?" "Neither do me" could be rather racy, in fact. heh heh

Jude Johnson said...

And along the same lines, here's Donis Casey's blog on "The Proofreading Blues"

http://typem4murder.blogspot.com/