Authors who are "Differently Expertised"...

Authors who are "Differently Expertised"...

29 August 2011

Finding Time to Write

Are you coming or going? As a writer I can tell you that the challenges of life can truly interfere with the creative flow to the point of absolute and utter frustration. The need to write for a person who finds fulfillment and joy in the process of writing is like the need to eat, drink and sleep. When deprived of the necessities one gets downright testy. Of late I have had multiple challenges thrown at me and have found a lot of hostility building toward the events and persons who have messed with my normal lifestyle --  which includes time to write. I thought about a gun for about two seconds and then got a hold of that little demon in my head and realized that I needed to regroup and take charge of my emotions.
The writing material has been put into the proper places so even if I only have two minutes I can jot down a note or two and know that I am not totally ignoring my muses.  I have decided to take a deep breath and let my canoe, so to speak, go with the current and try not to paddle against the flow. After all, it does no good and just makes one tired. So, I will put the oars up and do what I must do while I wrangle with all the challenges. I know that when the time is right I will be able to place my canoe on the banks of the now slowly moving waterway and find, once again, that tranquil pace I so crave. My muses will sit beside me and I shall write and create what I must create.
Trust that the timing will work for you and forgive yourself when you aren’t on the self induced schedule you have made for yourself. Have your mantra be; “I can do it, I can do it, I can do it all." Then go, go, go!
Happy writing when you can.
D. H. Tremont

No comments: